Wednesday 11 September 2013

Until Next Time Olivia!

I've been back home in Spain now for the past one and a half weeks, and I've been just chilling out at home really.... sunbathing, reading, hanging out with my family. Friday night I went out with my sister and her friends, and I had a really great time. Her friends were all really welcoming and friendly, and I had loads of fun. I had slightly a bit too much to drink, because the amount of alcohol in the drinks here are much higher than in the UK, and well I didn't really take that into consideration.... uhoh, haha ^^ But yeah it was super fun, unfortunately I didn't take any photos, so I can't share them with you! Maybe next time (if I get the chance to go out with them all again before I leave!).

Yesterday I had a really lovely day with Olivia. I've known Olivia since I was thirteen, and we met in our school (Overseas Family School) in Singapore. We were best friends, like sisters, throughout our years together in Singapore. Olivia moved to Barcelona, Spain three years ago, whilst I was still living in Singapore (I only moved from Singapore last summer). Her family moved further south (in Spain) last summer, and my family moved to southern Spain in December, so now our families live within an hour away, and I get to see her a couple of times a year! We met up for the first time in three years in April, and then we met up for lunch in July, and so yesterday was the third time we've spent time together since we were apart ^^

We spent the day at Marbella beach, and the weather was perfect. The sun was shining, and the heat was perfect, and the slight sea breeze made it all the better! We're both trying to soak up as much sun as possible before heading back to the UK for the start of University! I go back on the 20th of September and  am so not looking forward to leaving the sun behind! I belong in the heat! And I've seen that it's down to like 14 degrees celsius in Bangor at the moment! CAN'T DO IT! D:

 Anyway, here are some photos we took at the beach together ^^









I always have such a lovely time with Olivia and I love how we always have so much to talk about! We only see each other a few times a year, and because we're such busy bodies, always on the move, we always have so much to tell each other! I love spending time with her because our friendship means so much to me, and is a little piece of Singapore, that just makes me treasure it all the more! I won't be seeing her for a while now as we're both going off to university, but I look forward to keeping in touch and sharing each other's experiences in our second year of university! Neither of us can believe we're already going into our second years! Time certainly does fly when you're having fun!

-Alyssa xo

p.s I've also joined the bloglovin network, so you can follow me there if you like ^^

2 comments:

  1. Hey :) really cute blog and love your photos. Wanted to follow you on bloglovin but don't think the link works :\

    Phoebe xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Thank you so much! ^^
    oh whoops sorry about the link not working, I never realised! Here's the link to my profile on bloglogin: http://www.bloglovin.com/alyssavalbuena

    Hopefully it works! If not there is a bloglovin badge on the right hand side of my blog that should take you to my profile too! ^^

    I'm so glad you like my blog, I hope I don't ever disappoint!

    -Alyssa xo

    ReplyDelete